Monday, March 15, 2010

March 15, 2010

Yesterday was such a great day. I think spring is on the way! Now, if you know anything about my neck of the woods you will know that we have two seasons: winter and two months of poor sledding. There's another saying that implies lots of road construction, but I couldn't get the wording right and the cc told me that one. We just don't seem to get spring anymore. It snows and then it is summer. There is no season in-between. We are actually getting spring weather! We had a VERY mild winter, so I am all around excited. I like snow, but we had a couple really bad winters in a row. It is always nice to have a break. Yes, it could still snow, but let's not think about that, shall we? The point is yesterday was spring-like and I went to a provincial park with the cc for a walk. It was really nice! I even went on the swings. I used to love to swing when I was a kid and growing up we had a swing-set in the backyard. So, I still do when I have the chance.

I also had homemade bread yesterday... I am considering whether I have the skills to make it. I royally messed-up pizza, so I am sort of fearful of attempting the task.

Today I went to the library and to the bookstore. I pre-ordered Carrie Ryan's new book, but it didn't arrive. I got annoyed and canceled it. I bought it today. I am both really excited and really nervous about reading it because I liked her other book so much. I also made really good spaghetti sauce today.

2 comments:

  1. We seem to have opposite seasons. Here, there's summer and then a mild fall, w hich is now going away as we head back to summer (it's been 80 degrees for the last few days, grr).

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you are having a "spring break" in the weather..

    as for making bread.. it's really pretty easy !.. the only fear is the yeast not rising, so check the expiration date!

    ReplyDelete